Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 January 2011

John Galliano gets Hot!

Flicking through the free newspaper this morning on the way to work I came across the photos from the John Galliano SS11 Haute Couture show in Paris yesterday. And it looks to me like he has given Dior's original 'New Look' a new twist for the 21st Century.
 Galliano has always been my favourite Avant guarde designer and the 1950s have always been my favourite era, so you can imagine my surprise and delight when I saw these pictures.
Galliano says he was Inspired by the illustrator René Gruau, who was close to Dior, Galliano said he was interested in the artist's elegant brush stroke and sophisticated play between light and shade. So Galliano uses block colours and designs that have an elegant mad men style look - but volumised!

Here are some of my favourite pieces; but alas, with Haute Couture currently costing around £50,000 - I feel I may never be the owner of one of these beauties...


No comments:

Post a Comment