Popular Posts

Friday 21 January 2011

Get into Ballet Fashion with Black Swan

I'm off to the cinema tomorrow with the other half to see Black Swan. I'm going for two reasons, one, because it looks intriguingly good and two, because the costumes look AMAZING.
I have been looking into the costume design recently as I've been teaching my Year 12 students about it, so looking further into the costume design for Black Swan was more of a joy rather than a chore.

Mila Kunis as Lily in 'Black Swan'
Natalie Portman as Nina Sayers in 'Black Swan'

Amy Westcott and co. certainly have done a marvelous job, however, the more I have looked into this - the more I have seen how this film has taken it's costume design influence from high street fashion. So, if you love the look, then you can get it!
Obviously, you don't want to go the whole hog, unless you are an actual ballerina. But as a quirky addition to a lack-lustre outfit the Black Swan look is the way to go.


So, here are some of my top choices for you to emulate the Black Swan look:

Left: Headband, Accessorize: £12 Right: Headband, Topshop: £18


Above: Scarf, Topshop: £25

Above: If you're feeling slightly more generous, give yourself the gift of Marchesa, which combines both the looks of the Black and White Swan.







No comments:

Post a Comment