Popular Posts

Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Baking

Today I did a little Christmas baking, after all, yesterday's Tesco trip should not have been in vain. I had been instructed by my mother-in-law to make some mince pies for the day itself and my brother had asked if I could bring a desert of some kind on Boxing day.
I decided i would make a cake, as it was the perfect excuse to use the cute vintage christmas cake decorations that my Dad gave me when I moved house. He knows me so well - I love vintage things and I love baking!! Also, along the way I managed to find a reason to use the 1970s Icing Sugar Dredger that my Mum and Dad got as a wedding present back in 1976.
Rather than write about it, i'll just show you what happened...
Once I had made the cake - it was time for the filling - don't forget to let it cool down though or your buttercream will melt!

Mince Pies a la Kirsty and Phil! Basically using filo pastry instead of shortcrust and adding cranberries and clementines to your mincemeat!

Once the jam and buttercream was put in the middle, I added the marzipan.

Then the icing....

.... and finally the decorations!

 Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment